Saturday, August 20, 2011

Lucky #13!

I have only posted so far about the house and my family's equal and opposite reactions to it, but today I wanted to post something a little different.

Thirteen years ago today Dave robbed the cradle and made me his wife.  As we approached this day David commented on the fact that we were close to the unlucky 13!  I took issue to this, as the ridiculous superstitions surrounding the number 13 are completely unfounded and also because there is nothing un-lucky about his opportunity to be married to me! :)


So, in honor of Doubting David (even though he never reads my blog), I am posting today 13 reasons why I am lucky to be married to that big, hairy, sweet man.

1. All my kids inherited his big lovely eyes and long, lush lashes! (No need for Extreme Shallack Formula mascara for my girls!)

2. He understands my bizarre sense of humor and I understand his.  He makes me laugh every day! (Even when I am mad at him and pretending not to laugh just to show him who's boss.)

3. Two words: hairy chest.

4. His mania for home improvement has provided us with great places to live for many years now.

5. He doesn't mind when I need to go shopping to feel better about life. (And he listens to my cries when I am going through the buyer's remorse stage.)

6. When I look at him and throw out a crazy idea he usually is quiet for a minute and then says "That would be really cool!" or says "I was thinking the same thing!"

7. He likes to be in the car, either for a long road trip or just a cruise about town.  Love it!

8. He has only disliked three things I have ever cooked for him in 13 years. (For the record: a disasterous Pasta Primavera, creamy chicken soup gone gravy style, and Borscht.)

9. He pretends to be dead inside but he really feels things deeply. (He'll never admit this, by the way.)

10. When I am having a bad day and I need to vent he always tries to fix the problem - silly man.

11. When I was going crazy (literally) he told me to go to work and has defended me against all nay-sayers and judgemental jerks about it for years!

12. Good taste in movies.

and the 13th reason why I am luck to be married to Dave . . .



He was smart enough to marry me! :)

I love Dave and have really enjoyed the last very lucky 13 years.  I hope the next 13 (and the next, and the next) are even better!

1 comment: